Comprehensive Brain Stroke
When a part of the brain stops functioning due to the lack of blood flow it is called a Brain Stroke. Blood flow can be blocked either due to a hemorrhage or a thrombus (obstruction in the blood vessel).
Having a brain stroke is a very grim incidence in one’s life as it can lead to many types of disabilities.
- Paralysis (movement dysfunction).
- Sensory disturbances (especially pain).
- Inability to understand or use a language for communication.
- Cognitive Dysfunction (related to thinking and memory).
- Emotional Disturbances.
Ayurveda is one of the most sought-after treatments for stroke and paralysis afflicted patients. When a stroke occurs, it causes damage to voluntary movement impulses leading to Pakshaghata or Paralysis. It approaches the disease progression and its triggers in the similar view as modern medicine but the approach to treatment has been known to show much better results. Ayurveda moves a step beyond managing and resolving the symptoms or effects of the disease. It believes in finding out the root cause, controlling the damage and strengthening the source (organ / functional system). Ayurveda relates stroke with restrictions in Vata movement causing tendons (Srotas and Sanyu) in one half of the body to dry up, leading to loss of sensation and movement. Curing it takes a continued intensive rehabilitation therapy.
Common symptoms of brain stroke are:
- General numbness on one side of the body.
- Inability to move the muscles.
- Problems in conversing and understanding simple instructions.
- Severe headaches.
- Deteriorating vision in one eye.
- Speech derangement’s.
Alife Ayurvedic Treatment For Stroke
We, at Alife Ayurveda, take a comprehensive approach to treating a stroke/paralysis affected patient. Our doctors, review the case and in collaboration with in-house physiotherapists and occupational therapists. Modern medical diagnostic tests reports are considered to understand the severity of the disease and the strength of the patient to handle the treatment. Then a recovery and rehabilitation road-maps are revised for the patient.
If the stroke or paralysis happened recently, then medication and mild ayurvedic therapies (etc. Kaya Seka and Abhayanga etc) are prescribed. However, a patient who had the stroke over a year ago, requires more extensive treatment as it is difficult to resuscitate non-functional muscles (i.e. without strength and movement).
Such a patient has an elaborate treatment plan:
- Preparing the patient’s body for the oleation procedure.
- Internal oleation (with medicated oils or ghee) and external oleation are done for a duration prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor.
- Detoxification processes like Swedana (steam bath etc.) and medically induced purgation are done.
- Herbal medications are administered for regaining muscles and for reviving inherent immunity of the body.
- This is clubbed with appropriate physiotherapy sessions.
- Ayurveda based strict diet is recommended to the patient along with a set of instructions for his/her family members for domicile treatment.
- After the main procedure is completed, a schedule for continued therapy is prescribed basis the recovery status of the patient.
Alife Ayurveda offers rehabilitative treatments for other neuro-biological disorders like epilepsy, bipolar disorder, Alzheimer’s and schizophrenia as well. For more information or to book an appointment with our doctors, please book appointment now or call us on +91 755 991 1199. or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org