Infertility is a condition in which a person fails to reproduce naturally. Numerous physical and mental factors are responsible for causing infertility.
TYPES OF INFERTILITY
- Male infertility
- Female infertility
- Combined infertility
ABOUT FEMALE INFERTILITY
Female infertility is defined as inability to get pregnant after one complete year of unprotected sexual intercourse in her fertile age. Both males and females are affected with this disorder due to various causes. Sometimes women suffering with repeated miscarriages.
AYURVEDIC ASPECT OF INFERTILITY
Ayurveda compare the process of conception just like process of farming. For good quality of crop four main factors are very important – beeja (excellent seeds), kashetra (fertile soil), rittu (proper timing of sowing of seeds) and ambbu (proper water irrigation). In the same way four factors responsible for conception are:-
- Good quality of sperms
- Female uterus
- Proper time of conception
- Balanced nutrition
Root cause of all the diseases in ayurveda is due to vikarti of tridoshas. Shukar dhatu, artav and strong reproductive system is very necessary for the fertilization in males and females.
Ayurvedic term used for female infertility is “BANDHYATVA”. This problem is due to srotasdushti of artav vaha sartos. Garbhashay is one extra ashay found only in females. There are many causes due to which shukar of males are unable to reach garbhashay of females. Garbhashay is considered as the main site of conception. Artav beej vaha srotas (Fallopian tubes) part of garbhshay accepted as a palace of fertilization. Relocation of vata vitiated the way of shukar dhatu. Aggregation of kapha cause blockage in tubes and pitta dosha is main cause of paka. Reunion of all these factors causes infertility in females.
CAUSES OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
- Quality and quantity of egg
- Various tubal infections
- Uterine disorders(fibroids and polyps)
- Infertility related to tubes
- Problems related to sperms
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Excess intake of nicotine and alcohol
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Hormonal imbalance
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Premature menopause
- Surgical adhesions
- Mental stress
RISK FACTORS OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
- Multiple miscarriage
- Problems related to ovulation
- Blockage in fallopian tubes
- Uterine problems
- Growing age
- Uterine fibroids
- Stressful lifestyle
TYPES OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
1. PRIMARY INFERTILITY
In this type of infertility there is no history of any pervious pregnancy.
2. SECONDARY INFERTILITY
In this type of infertility couple had a child and now couple is facing problems to have child.
This is different type of infertility in which women is naturally enable to bear a child.
DIAGNOSIS OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
- Thyroid function test
- PAP smear
- Pelvic examination
- Endometrial examination
TREATMENT FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY
Infertility treatment in Ayurveda aims at reinstating the normal health of the reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Consume more of dairy proteins, including milk, lassi (buttermilk), and panir (fresh cheese made of milk.
- Eat soaked almonds or soaked walnuts (you can grind them and add them to your vegetables).
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears are recommended.
- Spices such as ajwain (bishop’s weed) powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin are also good for enhancing fertility.
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad daal (Split Black Gram) cooked with equal parts of turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon, and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion
- Avoid high-fat foods and foods containing preservatives
- Caffeine should also be limited, especially if you’re having trouble conceiving.
- Refined carbs, such as white bread, pasta and rice, should be limited.
- Smoking, eating a lot of meat, or drinking alcohol is not recommended.
- Stress can have a major impact on women’s fertility. The importance of a positive attitude is essential when trying to get pregnant.
- Being both overweight and underweight can impair a woman’s odds of getting pregnant. If you are underweight, your reproductive system will shut down because of the body’s inability to maintain a pregnancy. On the other hand, being overweight or obese reduces a woman’s chances of getting pregnant.
Consultations and ayurvedic treatment for fertility and infertility are available at our Ayurvedic Hospital and you may book an appointment online or by calling on
(+91) 755 991 1199
or you may directly visit our center at “ALIFE AYURVEDAM, 4th FLOOR, Laimar Suites, opposite lulu mall, Edappally, Kochi, Kerala 682024”.
we are always available to help you better with authentic ayurvedic culture.